NEWS OF ABSCA:
*ABSCA has a website (www.absca.org.au) and Facebook page for dissemination of all news relating to upcoming tournament and other activities
* 18 teams has registered for the upcoming Bangladesh Cricket Cup which starts on November 13, 2016
* Bangladesh Day MoneyGram Thunder Nation Cup has been played amid fanfare and great enthusiasm on 11 September at Bankstown. PIFI has qualified for the final round and faces team from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Afghanistan, Sri-Lanka
*5 players from the tournament has been selected for the Rookie Nation trail.
* If PIFI wins they will play in the curtain raiser of BBL05 home game of Sydney Thunder in Spotless Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park.
* This year team from Canberra has participated in the Bangladesh Day of MoneyGram Thunder nation Cup. The team has requested for a friendly match with ABSCA or any registered team of ABSCA. A tentative date has been fixed on 2 October 2016
* The Bangladesh Cricket tournament will be no more just a fun or park tournament as we will be accredited with Bankstown District Cricket Assocation in Shire Grade.
* ABSCA Board Member Siam has qualified as CNSW accredited umpire.
* ABSCA have plans to celebrate the Victory Day on 17/18 December 2016 in befitting manner and more details will be made available soon.
* Tahmid Islam of Randwick Raider and Rahid Alam of Sydney Shields has received their offer letter to join English County cricket Surrey Club. Tahmid has been selected for senior division while Rahid has been offered the junior division.
*Bangladesh Cricket Cup final will be held on 26 March 2017 to commemorate the Independence Day, the venue will be announced soon.
* ABSCA offer for gender equality has received widespread attention and have earned praise from all quarter as the Board has decided to offer contract for women CNSW qualified umpires. ABSCA has a strict non- harassment and anti-bullying policy.
All the above has been achieved by the hard work of ABSCA Board members in 3.1/2 months of formation of ABSCA. We look forward to present more in coming months.